Why do I love this Bravo series so much? I could watch 24 hours a day, 7 seven days
a week. I eat it up like a hot fudge
sundae and have no idea why. Maybe it’s because
the show features beautiful homes and spaces.
Maybe because there are guys taking bubble baths together. Maybe it’s because British decorator Martyn Lawrence-Bullard
ends every conversation, “Kisses dahling.”
I love it.
In this sad, scary world it’s strangely comforting to see sofas with perfectly matched throw pillows and people who can’t decide what shade of grass cloth to put in their Beverly Hills guest house. It’s like stepping through the looking glass to this magical realm where problems disappear. War? Poverty? Disease? Completely gone. All that matters is getting the right shade of red for the dining room of Park Avenue’s Tamara Mellon.
For an hour a week I’m transported. Except I want more. I want to have cool, trendy parties in my Malibu beach house. I want an adorable french housekeeper named "Jacqueline." I want a perfectly organized refrigerator, labels all facing forward. I want life to be “Million Dollar Decorators.” Is that so bad?

No comments:
Post a Comment